INVENTIVE, EYE-CATCHING ANIMATED COMEDY SERIES “FISH HOOKS”
TO PREMIERE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 ON DISNEY CHANNEL
– Kyle Massey, Chelsea Staub and Justin Roiland Star; Rachel Dratch, Richard Simmons, Jerry Stiller, Atticus Shaffer and Edie McClurg Recur –
– Preview Follows Kid and Tween Event of the Summer — the Premiere of “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” on Friday, September 3–
“Fish Hooks,” an imaginative, eye-catching and funny animated series revolving around three tweens, Milo, Bea and Oscar (who happen to be fish), as they navigate the choppy waters of high school, will premiere FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel. An 11-minute preview of the series will get the coveted timeslot following “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” on Friday, September 3.
Created by children’s book illustrator and author Noah Z. Jones (“Not Norman,” “The Monster in the Backpack”), the series is produced using an innovative mixture of digital animation and photo collage. It stars Kyle Massey (“Cory in the House”) as Milo, Chelsea Staub (“JONAS L.A.”) as Bea and Justin Roiland (“The Sarah Silverman Program”) as Oscar. Recurring guest stars include comedian Rachel Dratch (“Saturday Night Live”), exercise guru Richard Simmons, comedic legend Jerry Stiller (“The King of Queens”), ABC TV star Atticus Shaffer (“The Middle”) and Edie McClurg (“Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”), among others.
Maxwell Atoms (“The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy”) is the executive producer and Noah Z. Jones is the co-executive producer. Carl Greenblatt (“Chowder”) and Bill Reiss (“Chowder”) direct the episodes.
The schedule is as follows:
Friday, September 3
- A preview of “Fish Hooks” (10:00 p.m., ET/PT) follows the premiere of “Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam” on Disney Channel.
- Viewers can enter the world of “Fish Hooks” online at DisneyChannel.com/FishHooks to meet the characters, Milo, Bea and Oscar, in the “Interactive Fish Tank” and to play “Fish Hooks” themed games.
Saturday, September 4
- Preview of “Fish Hooks” available on mobile VOD.
Friday, September 10
- Preview of “Fish Hooks” available on iTunes.
Friday, September 17
- A full episode preview of “Fish Hooks” available on Disney Channel SVOD.
Friday, September 24
- “Fish Hooks” series premiere on Disney Channel (9:00 p.m., ET/PT) with simulcasts on Sprint TV, MobiTV and Flo TV.
“Fish Hooks,” from Disney Television Animation, follows Milo, Bea and Oscar, three best friends who live in a giant fish tank trying to navigate their way through the choppy waters of high school. Together they experience the typical life challenges and triumphs, including friendship, dating and sports, along with more atypical situations such as giant lobster attacks and, with the use of special land suits, school field trips to the hamster cages.
Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 99 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney/ABC Television Group.